Friday, March 17, 2017

Refashioning Clothes - Easy to do ones

Do you ever just get sick of wearing something?

You've had it for a few years, it's still in good condition - too good to throw out - but you're over it. You can change it!

Some of the easiest refashions are very simple. A lady in America who goes by Refashionista has been my inspiration the last few years - she does amazing things with clothes!

I regularly add things to my shirts. This includes making small shirts bigger. I was SO disappointed when I ordered this online and it was far too small. Not an XL womens at all!
I took out the seams on both sides, including the bottom join of the sleeves because they were too small as well. I had some t-shirt fabric leftover from another project, and I deliberately used the white instead of black to change the look of the shirt. I own a lot of black t-shirts.

Another easy shirt refashion is adding length, like the lace did at the bottom of this shirt.
I like adding embellishments, either for practicality to cover holes or bra straps, or for fun. I added all of the buttons to the top below (which also used to be a kimono).
Dresses can be hard to refashion, although adding straps is a very easy conversion. I detest strapless dresses, they just won't stay up. But I loved this one:
So that I could wear it, I added straps.
Originally I just added the black straps, but they weren't thick enough. So I added the red band. And then the white cotton lace, because the red band looked out of place. This was the final edit:
I wore the dress to our cousin's wedding, and loved it.. apart from my husband telling me that it gave me back dimples! 
It's a tad it too tight at the top. So it's hanging in the cupboard now, waiting for me to get around to taking the zip out of the back and making the top slightly larger. Not as easy a refashion as the ones above, but still very do-able!

No comments:

Post a Comment