Sunday, August 19, 2018

Did some eco/natural dyeing again

It was half a day's work, but it was fun as always. I'm getting better with my setup and pack down now, when I eco dye at home.
It was a very colourful pot, with cotton, linen and silk.
 A nice little array on the line, drying in the sun initially.
 I'm not a fan of pastel, but the dye process always changes this.
 Some unexpected touches in lace that I thought wouldn't dye!
Here are some of the results. Lots of colour wash this time, very interesting.
 I have a water lily stencil that I want to put over this one.
 This is very pretty, the way the lace trim took up the dye.
 Love those springs!
 This was one of the best of this lot. Great horse shoe prints.
 Lovely speckles on this silk, from the tea leaves.
 And this little top- the copper of the lace has all come from the dyeing!
I did only get my leaves that morning, so maybe they didn't soak long enough and that's why we didn't get strong prints. Apart from this one:
Almost ready for a craft stall now.
#lovelypennypatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment