Friday, August 24, 2018

Disney Cosplay: Ursula from The Little Mermaid - Part 2

Continuing some costuming! Turning myself into Ursula from The Little Mermaid for a geek convention in town later in the year.

Step 3 - Over dress

I believe this dress was $1, and it has already had a cosplay life as part of my steampunk costume.
Plenty of fabric to work with in the skirt.
Hmm, it needed more bulk. Oh yes, my wedding dress skirt is still in the cupboard!
That's a lot of underskirt! But it will sit nicely.

Step 4 - the tentacles

I cut the tentacles out of the over skirt. Sealing the edge was going to be the hardest part, particularly with the curves.
 But look at it working over the purple underskirt - very exciting!
What I ended up doing was cutting the underskirt through as well and tucking the edges of both layers in. This had the added benefit of giving the tentacles some bulk, rather than them being flat.
It took an awful lot of pinning...
I was happy with the shapes that I managed though.
 It really does look like the right shape!
Now to sew it all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment