Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Fabric Painting Day - lino, scrub fowl, plants and fun

I was determined to print as many things as I could in a day. I had plain tops, shorts, and some eco dyed clothes that hadn't turned out as well as I had liked. And I set up inside under a fan this time instead of outside in the heat - pretty warm here now!!
No shortage of bright colours 😊
A friend came and joined me, too, so we had a lot of (messy) fun! Her prints were funky:
My new bush chook stencil turned out great! I tried to capture the movement of them, how they skulk around the garden.
They would have looked lonely on their own though, so I printed them in pairs on this skirt.
And another sneaky one on a shirt: 
 This skirt was one of my favourite pieces of the day.
 And I printed some baby clothes for a couple of friends who are expecting. It's hard to make gender-neutral clothes sometimes!
Some of my eco dyed clothes hadn't come out with strong patterns, so I used stencils to jazz them up.
 The vine pattern came from some op shop stencils.
I've done this totem pole kind of effect before on shirts, I like how it turns out.
I was really unhappy with how this shirt had dyed, but now I love it with the dragonflies! It's a struggle not to put dragonflies on everything! 😁
 I started mixing paints at the end of the session, for some colour wash effects.
Really happy with how these dragonflies turned out:
I put a lot of dragonflies on things....
I eco dyed more clothes on the day, so there are still some more things to print on. Watch this space!
#lovelypennypatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment