Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Refashioning Op Shop Finds - Denim Skirt

Yet another awesome op shop find. This skirt is so comfortable, but it is too big. 




I find that a lot of skirts fit perfectly on the bottom (for me) but are too big around the waist. An easy fix! 
It's hard to see from the front, but I put darts from the waistband down to make it narrower. Long, tapered triangles.
It's more obvious in the waistband area, but that is hidden under my shirts so it doesn't really matter.
It's really obvious here, on the inside.
Now that's done, what if I put something extra on the skirt? Frills running down the length, maybe, like fish fins or seaweed? That would make it a bit fancy for every day wear though.. hmmm tht hasn't stopped me before. Well, it can wait for now.
This cute little painting was only $1 at the op shop as well, I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment