Friday, October 13, 2017

Who knew men's ties could be so useful?

I have an obsession with men's neckties. I think I saw someone else's refashion using them and I was suddenly hooked. They come in so many colours and types, and you can do so many things with them! I have a Pinterest board here where I've collected some of those ideas.

What I particularly like about ties is that they are sturdy, a good length to work with and they come in so many different colours and patterns.

One of my first projects was a dress made out of ties. I bought about 50 blue ties! Can't argue with the result though:
 I wove all of the ends together on the back and was very happy with the effect. It was a lot of fiddly sewing.
This dress was for a friend, so I'm still collecting green ties to make a dress for myself. I'm going to make it a long one, like a formal gown. Some of the ties:
Other uses
I often use ties as bag straps, because they are a perfect length.



Pockets.
And even make them into bags themselves.
What else do you think I could do with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment