Friday, October 20, 2017

Op-shop Refashion: African Print Dress

I picked this dress up in an op-shop for $5. I love African-print fabrics and the cotton is nice to wear in the hot weather, even though it's long.
I could wear it as-is, but I don't like strapless things. It's a bit long to wear as a skirt, too. So I had a few options:
  • add straps and make it a dress
  • chop the elastic top off and turn it into a skirt
  • chop the elastic top off, add some extra fabric and make it into a dress.
I made a chop, leaving a couple of rows of elastic at the top:
I decided that this would be a skirt, a casual one.
I do have a lot of skirts, mostly work ones, but that is where I spend the majority of my week so it makes sense. Instead of keeping this one, once I had hemmed the top edge and put a zip in, I gave it to one of my cousins, who I knew would like!

There are so many different ways that we can re-use clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment