Friday, March 16, 2018

Cosplay Partner in Crime - Harley Quinn Design

Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn from the Batman comics were partners in crime at times. My friend and I are also partners, in cosplay not in crime. I already have my Poison Ivy Cosplay so it was time to plan the matching one.

This was my design sketch for the second costume, very similar materials to the first.
Stretchy underskirt, two colours of tulle over it and  matching top. These are my interpretations of the costumes, not any particular cannon/comic/movie/game. I believe that if the costume has the right elements for you to be able to identify the character, you're doing it right. 

What I had missed in the sketch was the headdress! I wore a wig for my Poison Ivy cosplay with nothing else in my hair.  Rather than make the jester cap, what else could I do? I think the mask is a must. But how about:
  • Black and white wig? She had blond hair though, in the comics.
  • Hat
  • Fascinator
  • Mini hat for a fascinator
I turned to the woman who would be wearing it for her opinion. She actually turned all the options down in favour of the jester cap! This was the inspiration she sent through:
This would be fairly easy to make. I designed a quick pattern:

Something we could both add to our costumes are gloves: green for me, one red and one black for her.

I'll get around to making this one of these days! Probably the week before we go to the next convention... ha ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment