Thursday, March 29, 2018

Op Shop Refashion - Green cotton shirt

Another op shop find in need of refashioning!
It's not my usual pick, but it's nice, light cotton and I like the embroidered detail. I can definitely refashion it into something.
I eco-dyed it to make it a less.. fluoro yellow colour. and it made a huge difference.
These markings were where I pushed rusty nails through the fabric to create a pattern. Unfortunately it damaged part of the fabric, but the top row of markings are undamaged. So I'll take some fabric off the bottom.
I really love the full leaf print on the back
I thought about taking the collar off, because I never like those. I wanted to shorten the sleeves as well. But the more I looked at the shirt the more I felt like it needed to stay whole. Maybe I could add something instead? I do have a whole box of trims!
 The red stands out a bit, but what else is there?
 I didn't mind this blue.
 Or the plain black, though I thought it darkened the whole shirt,
 Some roses? No?
 The winner - multi-coloured tassle braid.
I used the trim to cover the nail holes, and it was a simple straight sew to add it to the bottom.
 And shirt done!
#lovelypennypatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment