Monday, May 14, 2018

Batgirl and Supergirl Op Shop Skirts to Capes Refashions

We took my niece op shopping again the other month and had a blast. I was pleasantly surprised when she found these two skater skirts on the rack and pointed them out to me. She's still in her superhero phase at the moment.
Certainly some girl power here!
She asked me to make her something from them. Some negotiations took place: if I made her something from the Batgirl skirt, then I could have the Supergirl skirt. We agreed on a Batgirl cape and I happily paid $4 for each skirt.
A while down the track and with her birthday looming, I decided that a cape from both skirts was in order. There would still be plenty of fabric left for me to use.
I cut the first shape out of the Batgirl skirt.
And then used it as a pattern on the Supergirl skirt.
These were very easy to finish with hems on both sides and ties sewn into the seams.
One cape ready to go.


And then two!
Just needs a mask to go with the Batgirl cape now! One happy super hero.
#lovelypennypatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment