Friday, May 25, 2018

Op shop refashion: funky purple dress to skirt

This was a good op shop find for $7. Purple is my second-favourite colour, it's a brand that I prefer, and the fabric is funky. It also fit pretty well, and I originally bought it with a plan to fill in the rather large gap across the bust.
But this week I was going through my cupboard and doing a clean out, so I put this dress on and decided that I didn't really like the top part. I did some thinking, trying to decide if I could refashion the top of the dress, and figured it wasn't going to be worth it (I also have numerous dresses already).
But it would make a very nice skirt!
Dress to skirt refashion are very easy:
  1. There's already a zip inserted
  2. The waist is in the right spot
  3. The bottom is hemmed
Step one: chop the top off. I always save the bits to use for another project.
Step two: hem the top edge. My machine didn't like it much, it often doesn't with the shiny, fancy fabrics.
Skirt done, that simple!
Normally I would add a pocket as well, but I don't know if I want that on a skirt that I may want to wear outside of work. 
Added to the wardrobe.
#lovelypennypatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment