Sunday, April 5, 2020

Little People Pants

This funky fabric is from Palngun Wurnangat an independently owned Aboriginal women’s organisation based in Wadeye, Northern Territory. They make all of my favourite fabrics! 
This one is called 'Little People'. There's a cool set of photos here of how they print it, too:
I was lucky on the day of the art fair as this particular bit of fabric was on the sale table - I got 3 metres of it! I've made a lot of dresses lately, so I thought I would make a matching skirt and top out of it. I felt like it needed a long, big skirt, and a top with sleeves. But I don't have anything in pink or purple, so I decided to make pants. What a shame! 😏

It was fairly simple to cut out and fit quite well. 

But it turned out that the pants didn't quite accommodate my curves. They fit VERY well on the back, but were a little low. I had to unpick the darts and sew a yoke in, a curved addition, to bring the back up to the level of the waistband. 
Obligatory pocket!
And I was off to brighten everyone's day at work again.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xPJ8R9m8eP5nb6qnK7rQelMQVLujy8yN

#lovelypennypatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment