Friday, November 10, 2017

Refashioning a simple top to a funky blue one

I actually started this shirt here in an early post, and then it has been sitting on my desk for ages. I finally got around overlocking the edges to seal them so that I could turn it into a shirt.
It was going to be a simple top, but as with many of my creations that didn't last long!
I loved these different collars that I saw at a fashion show, and wanted to try one of them. 
They're just that bit different.
So I sewed it all together, made an off-centre, stiffened collar, and put that on too. I didn't mind it, it was very different. A little odd, maybe.
I decided to try wrapping the neck pieces around. Now I liked that better! A button to fix it in place.
And some stitches on the inside.
Only problem then was that the arm holes were too big and without the cover of the collar my bra was showing.
A family friend just gave me three boxes full of sewing stuff, including trims. This seemed like it could be useful.
I pinned it on and liked it. 
 But it didn't quite blend in...
 More trim from my own stash to the rescue!
A couple of lines of stitching and there's a new shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment