Friday, November 17, 2017

Op Shop Refashion - Shirt to Open Jacket

I've never been a fan of business jackets, finding that they don't fit well and don't suit me. So when I found this op shop shirt I thought it was time to change my look. Polyester, but as I am going to wear it indoors I think it will be ok.
It has big shoulder pads, not a style I need.
Very easy to remove those with an unpicker/seam ripper. Often these are sewn in separately, so you won't undo any major seams by removing them.
I'll keep them and use them for something else. They make good padded pockets.

The shirt also has pearl button and loop fasteners on the front.
They're very nice, but I want an open jacket for comfort.
More unpicking! I watch a lot of TV when I do this.
It left some stitches and marks in on the fabric, but they were easy enough to remove.
What I was left with was one side of the jacket with a placket, which is an opening used to help put clothes on in an easy way. On this jacket it tucked under the other side so as not to leave a gap in the middle.
I pinned it under and sewed it down, so that it was out of the way.
All dressed up and happy at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment