Thursday, December 14, 2017

Op Shop Refashion: Girl's Watermelon dress to car seat organiser

My niece picked this dress out at the op shop because watermelon is one of her favourite foods. So I decided to make something for her with it.
We travelled in the car a lot when I was younger, and my mother made these clever fabric organisers that hung on the back of the car seats in front of us. They had lots of pockets of difference sizes that we could fill with our snacks, pencils, gameboys, etc. I decided that this would be perfect for my niece.
It was simple to fold the top over to create the "hood" that would go over the headrest of the seat.
A bit of a gap though.
I had to extend the top, because there wasn't enough fabric to fold around the top of the car seat. Bring in the leftovers from her Superman pants refashion.

I collected some bits and pieces that would be good pockets on the base. And some goodies to put into the pockets, too, of course!
Perfect pocket for a water bottle on the bottom right.
All done and ready to be wrapped up!

No comments:

Post a Comment