Monday, June 12, 2017

Sewing bags and bags of bags

Although plastic bags have their uses, I prefer cloth bags a lot of the time. They are more environmentally-friendly, don't break as often, and can be washed!

Often my odd, leftover panels and lengths become bags. They're useful to wrap presents in and make great gifts all on their own. I made a couple for a work colleague, expecting them to be used as shopping bags, but she likes them as handbags instead!

This was a pillow case that someone had wrapped a gift in, knowing that I like upcycling. 
The inside was a leftover piece of a fabric from a pillow project. The strap is an old Christmas belt that my mum handed down to me.
An impressed shout out to the clever JZ Baby Designs, who made me this bag from fabrics I gave her. Neither of us expected the colours to work so well together!
Two pockets inside and everything! Amazing work 😆
I've made a lot of little bags and purses to sell in the past, which were cute and fun. I printed some of the fabric myself and used odds and ends to dress them up.

This one was a sari crop top that I used to wear when I was younger.
This fabric was a lunch box wrapper, bought in Japan. The strap is a necktie.
I printed this fabric, it's my own lino design. More neckties as straps!

Yet more neckties upcycled.





What do you do with a leftover piece of lace this small? put it on a purse!



It's high time I made some more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment