Monday, July 24, 2017

Refashioning Dresses - Challenge from one to two piece

A friend brought me three of her dresses to refashion. They were no longer worn (for various reasons) and she wanted them updated. Challenge accepted!

This snazzy little number is going to be turned into a two-piece.
We had a discussion about it and she decided on a cropped top and a longer, high-waisted skirt.
Here was my chop point.
I tried some different fabrics with it, in case I needed to add something to the bottom of the shirt. But there are so many colours already in this fabric!

It might not be necessary anyway. I made the chop to separate the two, leaving the zipper on the top half.
There was only a small bit of zipper left on the bottom part, so this made sense. I pinned it so it wouldn't unzip on me, and overlocked the whole hem to seal it.
 And that was the top finished - how easy was that?
Onto the bottom: I removed the remains of the zip and overlocked the top edge.
 A new zip went in, the edge was folded over to hem it and I added a button closure.
 And that was it - all done. Nice new two-piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment