Friday, July 21, 2017

Rosella Liquer

Now, this isn't entirely creative, but I made it so it counts! 
 Rosellas are a variety of wild hibiscus that grown well in my home area. They have smallish-flowers and dark red fruits, like this:
You can use the fruits for a variety of things and they have a tart flavour. All of these recipes come from the Darwin Gardeners Guide, a must-have for tropical fruit products.
Let's start with the best! 


Vodke, rum, whatever your preference is. I like the rum but my husband likes the vodka, so I make both.
 This was taken just as I put them in the alcohol.

After two months of soaking the colour has certainly brightened!

It had eaten all the sugar, so I added some more.

FINAL RESULT
The great thing is that the fruit is now completely soaked in alcohol and make a nice addition to icecream as a topping! 


I've made the other recipies as well.
 This was a mix drink that I made with lychee, lemon juice and the rosella cordial. Gorgeous colour!
This cordial with ginger in it is lovely, nice little hint of spice in it.
I've made a couple of lots of jam, but I'm not as successful with it.
This is the jar my neighbour made. It's a lovely colour and nice and tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment