Friday, July 7, 2017

Ties and Corsages for the Architect's Ball

This is another retroactive post and a friend will recognise the results.

I was given two lengths of fabric to use to make bow ties for two men and corsages for two women. They were going to the Architect's Ball, so they found some fabric with drawings on it for me to use. Here are the bow ties, that were simple shaped tubes turned right-way out:

Rather than proper bow ties, they had velcro on the ends so that they could be adjusted around the neck.

All of the leaves and flowers for the ladies were made from tubes of fabric. I didn't want there to be any loose ends, as these would fray over time. So I sewed everything inside-out, turned them through and stitched the openings closed.
Everything was then stitched together in layers and attached to the ribbons, which I bought to match.
Most of the pearls were sewn in, but the ones that didn't have holes were attached with a glue gun.


This one was my favourite out of everything:
I got a bit excited and made hair clips and hairbands as well!
The small white clips in the corner were the fraying exception, as I made them from scraps and it was a deliberate effect.
This flower below is attached to a kimono obi cord that came out of my stash. The beads in the middle are freshwater pearls.

I have a lot of fun when I'm given artistic licence, partially because it doesn't lock you into thinking about things a certain way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment