Friday, September 22, 2017

Mad Hatter's Tea Party Costume/Cosplay

Each year I participate in Relay for Life, which is a fundraiser for cancer. Your team walks for an entire night, in shifts, and are sponsored for it.
This year our theme is 'Mad Hatter's Tea Party'. As we also hold a cake stall on the night, it is the perfect theme. I've been collecting op-shop tea cups and pots to display and hang on the night. Watch this space!
Because I am going to walk for hours in my costume, I want to be able to wear shorts underneath and a proper shirt with it. 
I did have a scribble for an idea:
But it was going to be an extra layer, so I decided to keep it simple. I waited until my husband cleaned out his clothes and claimed one of his vests. In our heat it would be cooler than wearing a coat or jacket. I found an op-shop bow tie to wear with it.
Now about the hat- I already made it for my Steampunk Seamstress cosplay!
And there I was, a Mad Hatter!

No comments:

Post a Comment