Monday, April 30, 2018

Crazy sewing ideas

Here are some of my scribbles for clothing ideas. They're pretty random!

Lily Pad Skirt

It would take a lot of layers and sewing, but it would be pretty special. 
 

1000 Prayer Gates Shrine in Japan

I made this A3 picture of the Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine (where the 1000 prayer gates are in Japan, that you see in movies like Memoirs of a Geisha) for a book cover competition at our local library. 
I had it on a handbag that has now fallen apart, so I want to do something with this little quilt. It's been washed a few times, so it would do ok on an item of clothing. 
A full-length skirt of this picture though? Stunning. Something for the future.

Striped Skirt Pattern

Alas, this pattern had been considered and rejected for two different fabrics! It's a shame to cut fabric to make something, because you waste it. I would be better off waiting until I have scraps or a small piece of fabric to work with for this one.

Shrimps in the Aquarium

I had another crazy idea with this one and some fabric with shrimps printed on it: what if the shrimps fabric was an underskirt, with an overskirt with holes in it? Like little windows at the aquarium.
But I think my idea is too odd. And then I have this feeling that the overlay will cover too much of the shrimp fabric up, so I may have to give this one up.
#lovelypennypatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment