Friday, June 8, 2018

Eco Dye Experimenting

What do you do with a day off? Buy some random veges and fruit and try to dye things!
This is a mixed tea, with green tea and flowers.
The tea one brewing. We let it boil, and then took it off the heat and let it sit for 1.5 hours.
Same with the coffee: we brewed a pot, then tipped it over the fabric and let it sit.
We thought that the hibiscus colour would have been the strongest, but it just came out kind of a red-brown.
The coffee stained darker than we thought it would.
After that we did some of my usual dyeing, with tea leaves, native leaves and rusty things.




 
The colours came out very dark this time. I think I need to be a bit more scientific with my experiments, to figure out what does what!
These are the ones that we had already dyed with coffee and tea. Nice colour range on them.

This is definitely a favourite.
And the patterns on this one! This was the last one I did, just chucking as many leaves into it as I could.

#lovelypennypatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment