Friday, April 14, 2017

Beach Glass Necklaces & Jewellery

As I have said before, I love beach glass. I went through a period of making lovely hairclips and big, chunky necklaces from it, and I still do the odd one now and then.

Here are some of my creations, with plans for more in the very near future. 

I think it's about time I had a craft stall again!

Glass, paua shell, 150 yen worth of Japanese coins 💰
 
Red bamboo coral, jasper, beach glass 🌊
 
White and blue beach glass
 
I called this "Coral me Christmas" for an exhibition. Beach glass, shell dangles, and bamboo coral pieces. 🎄
 
This was called 'Fun and Happy'. I made it to donate to the Cancer Council for a fundraising auction.
White and brown beach glass goes well together, particularly with a dash of blue and silver.
Another hair clip with beach glass and jasper.
This was made to match a dress. Onyx in the centre, with beach glass and paua shell.
Beach glass and pink quartz.
 
One of my favourite pieces, this was a heavy collar using several different colours of glass. I made a second, similar one on commission as well, after the first sold at the gallery exhibition. 
White and brown glass again, with a shell piece and some brass love hearts. It decorates my mum's house.
I often make forest/leafy-themed necklaces. This has white and green glass, wooden circles, and green glass leaves.

These next two necklaces are more recent, and were donated to a charity auction. Both sold, proceeds to a good cause.

Skull ring and white glass.
 Winter-theme, with seed bead strands and dangling snowflakes. The middle pendant is a piece of coke-bottle glass, nice and heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment