Friday, April 7, 2017

This refashioned skirt is not feeling blue!

Some of my refashions are a bit out there. I have a bad habit (or good habit, depending on how you look at it) of adding things to most of my clothes.

I do it to my skirts and shorts quite often. A lot of the time I just add things for fun! 

This skirt used to be a dress that I loved wearing, but the top part frayed around the shoulders. 
So I cut it off and made it into a skirt, and used random patches to cover some faded bits. The waist band is just a simple sleeve with thin elastic in it. It sits around my hips.
This patch was a cross stitch that a friend gave me to do. The blue fabric with the red ties behind it was from a sailor outfit!
This was a lino print from another friend. It was originally on a pillow case, but when that got holes in it I salvaged the print.
 A couple of pieces from my scraps collection added more colour.


This fancy patch was from an art quilt that my mum made, and then dismantled some time later. Bits of it have appeared on bags and table runners as well!
The bats were another favourite skirt that had faded badly after years of wear. It has since been made into bunting flags as well, so it's nice to see its use continue.

So instead of being thrown out, this skirt has had another three years of wear. Not bad, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment